BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Beta testing a native win32 rsync client with auto sync

2012-01-02 03:44:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Beta testing a native win32 rsync client with auto sync
From: Alain Péan <alain.pean AT lpp.polytechnique DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:05:22 +0100
Le 01/01/2012 05:55, Gang Chen a écrit :
> It will be released as a free program.  will open source it later, but
> can't decide at this moment which license to go with.

Why not the same license as the rsync program itself, that is GPLv3 ?

Here is the information I got on a SL6 server :
# yum info rsync
Installed Packages
Name        : rsync
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.0.6
Release     : 5.el6_0.1
Size        : 683 k
Repo        : installed
 From repo   : sl-security
Summary     : A program for synchronizing files over a network
URL         : http://rsync.samba.org/
License     : GPLv3+
Description : Rsync uses a reliable algorithm to bring remote and host
files into
             : sync very quickly. Rsync is fast because it just sends
the differences
             : in the files over the network instead of sending the complete
             : files. Rsync is often used as a very powerful mirroring
process or
             : just as a more capable replacement for the rcp command. A
technical
             : report which describes the rsync algorithm is included in
this
             : package.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33