BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Very long backup time

2011-12-20 19:50:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Very long backup time
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 00:48:19 +0000
I'm backing up onto another computer, onto an NFS-mounted disk.

Last night the weekly full backup took 775.5 minutes,
with 49101.9 MB in 227730 files.

The incremental backup the night before took 2 minutes,
as did the other incremental backups last week.

The full backup last week took even longer (911.7 minutes).

I'm backing up on a CentOS-5.7 machine
(onto a CentOS-6.1 machine).
There seems to be no report of anything wrong.
I wonder if anyone can suggest a reason for this tardiness?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net