BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] GUI not seeing completed backups

2011-12-20 16:40:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] GUI not seeing completed backups
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:37:53 +0100
On Tuesday 20 December 2011 16:13:44 O'Brien, Craig wrote:
> I think I figured it out, I set selinux to permissive (command is
> “setenforce permissive” for those of you finding this through google with
> a similar issue), and they all showed up. I’m looking through selinux
> options to configure and tighten the security down now.

BTW: You get similar results when you run the daemon and the frontend on
different hosts. You can see the status, schedule backups but you don't see the
actual backups because for that the cgi needs to access the directories of the
daemon.

At least with the version of bpc that is shipped with debian squeeze.

Have fun,

Arnold