BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup setup

2011-12-01 19:12:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup setup
From: owens AT netptc DOT net
To: "Greer, Jacob - District Tech" <jacob.greer AT ksd.kyschools DOT us>,"BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:07:32 -0800

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 12/1/2011 8:16:37 PM
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup setup

I am trying to configure backuppc for the first time I have read a lot of documents and can’t seem to find a solution.  Currently trying to use SMB to connect to a Windows7 box to pull a backup.  I get the following error log.  I am new to backup-pc and Ubuntu so it is probably something small I have overlooked.  I have also read RCYND is better to use than SMB but I have no idea any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/greervm-7/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2011-12-01 15:12:06

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\greervm-7\\\\\\greervm-7\\C -U jgreer -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -

full backup started for share \\greervm-7\C

Xfer PIDs are now 1619,1618

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal

Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share \\greervm-7\C)

Backup aborted (No files dumped for share \\greervm-7\C)

Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Win7 requires a late version of Samba.  Do a google on Win7 and Backuppc.

Larry