BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Different settings for restore possible?

2011-11-28 03:34:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Different settings for restore possible?
From: Falko Trojahn <ftrojahn AT smi-softmark DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:32:15 +0100
Hi,

Am 25.11.2011 19:57, schrieb Matthias Meyer:
> I use the $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} to run a script on my windows client which
> will start the rsync daemon if it is not running.
> It is nearly the same as you do before "dump" during your "preusercmd.sh"
> e.g. pre-restore.cmd:
> /bin/rsync --daemon --detach --config=/etc/rsyncd.conf

Thanx for your answer. In the meantime I've found the following solution:

- backup takes place using VSS snapshot - e.g. partitions C: and D:
snapshot are mounted as A: and B:, which has corresponding rsyncd
configuration - so this cannot be used for restore

- I've created another rsyncd.conf for partitions C: and D:,
   and now rsyncd is started/stopped using

$Conf{RestorePreUserCmd} = '/etc/backuppc/bin/prerestorecmd-domain.sh
$host';
$Conf{RestorePostUserCmd} = '/etc/backuppc/bin/postrestorecmd-domain.sh
$host'

- "read only = no" in rsyncd.conf is essential :)

Best regards,
Falko