BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] ClientNameAlias

2011-11-24 07:24:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] ClientNameAlias
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:22:34 +0000
If you want to fully rename a host, you must (assuming Ubuntu standard
install):

1. Edit the /etc/backuppc/hosts
2. Rename any /etc/backuppc/hostname.pl and .pl.old files
3. Rename the directory in /var/lib/backuppc/pc/

Attached is my bash script to do this with some error checking.

Regards,
Tyler

On 2011-11-24 11:47, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The recent ClientNameAlias-hint I got on this list, got me thinking a bit.
>
> Suppose I want to change the already set hostname from the anonymous
> "machine001.domain.local" to "adminstation", can I do that somehow, without
> botching the old backed up files for "machine001.domain.local"?
>
> Any gotchas'?
>
> Thanks.

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d

"The map is not the territory."