BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] help with netbios error

2011-11-18 11:39:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] help with netbios error
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:37:24 -0600
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM, AIM Systems
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

> CheckHostAlive: returning 0.861
> cmdSystemOrEval: about to system /usr/bin/nmblookup -A tim
> cmdSystemOrEval: finished: got output Looking up status of 10.30.6.7
>        WORKGROUP       <00> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
>        TIM             <00> -         B <ACTIVE>
>        TIM             <20> -         B <ACTIVE>
>        WORKGROUP       <1e> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
>
>        MAC Address = 6C-62-6D-1A-FB-4B
>

> NetBiosInfoGet: success, returning host workgroup, user
> dump failed: host tim has mismatching netbios name workgroup
>
> I'm running this command from the DataStore server which runs the dhcp
> service.
> Within /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, we statically assign IPs by MAC address.
> Unless he has changed his NIC (which he has not) he will always get the same
> IP
>
> I don't get it?! What am I missing?!

I usually see the host name returned first in the list from nmblookup
before the group name.  I don't know if that is confusing backuppc or
not (or how you would change it...), but if you always have the same
IP you should be able to uncheck the dhcp option and use DNS or add
the IP in ClientNameAlias.