BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Client logon

2011-11-02 09:53:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Client logon
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:51:23 -0400
On 11/02 05:45 , draccusfly wrote:
> We use backuppc to backup client on our network, can anyone tell me how the
> client logs on to manage their own backups and restores?

You need to give the user permission by adding their name to
/etc/backuppc/hosts. They will also need an entry in /etc/backuppc/htpasswd,
which is created using the 'htpasswd' tool ('man htpasswd' for more
information).

The paths to the files may vary depending on how the installation was done,
but that's the general principle.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator