BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] information about backuppc version

2011-09-29 10:55:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] information about backuppc version
From: Alain Péan <alain.pean AT lpp.polytechnique DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:40:18 +0200
Le 29/09/2011 16:15, Bowie Bailey a écrit :
> On 9/29/2011 7:20 AM, Alexander Mikhnovets wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Sorry for my English.
>>
>> There is phrase "Version 3.2.0 released on July 31st, 2010" in
>> page http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/index.html
> The main page does say 3.2.0, but if you go to the download page, you
> can download 3.2.1
>
>> There is phrase "BackupPC 3.1.0 released" in
>> page http://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=34854
> This is a notice from 2007...
>
>> There is package version 3.2.1 of backuppc in CentOS 5.5 distribution.
>>
>> What is backuppc last version?
>> Could you please update information in web pages?
> The current version is 3.2.1.  I'm not associated with the project, so I
> can't update the page.  I always ignore news on websites and go straight
> to the download pages to determine current versions.

Hi Alexander,

I can add that BackupPC is not not in the base repository for CentOS
(nor RHEL), so you certainly found it in an addiyional repository, as
EPEL (this is where I found it).

I noticed that when I installed it first time, it was version 3.1, but
was updated recently to the last version, 3.2.1.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33