BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can BackupPC email me a summary of system status?

2011-09-22 18:16:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can BackupPC email me a summary of system status?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:16:07 -0500
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
wrote:
> I was going to say exactly that.  Using e-mail as a monitoring system is a
> very poor substitute.  Nagios is a great start in true network monitoring.

On the other hand, all you really have to do is look at the host
summary page and glance down the 'Last Backup' column to know how
things are working.  If you normally read email from a client with
network access to the server that knows how to follow links, just mail
yourself a link to the action=summary page daily as a reminder.