BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can BackupPC email me a summary of system status?

2011-09-21 09:03:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can BackupPC email me a summary of system status?
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:01:58 -0500
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin
<atsaloli.tech AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hi.  I'm running BackupPC 3.1.0 for about 3 years now and love it.  It
> just works.
>
> I go into the Web admin UI once a week or so and check the host
> summary to make sure backups are chugging along.
>
> Is it possible for BackupPC to email me that summary?
>
> I looked at /usr/bin/BackupPC_sendEmail but it looks like it will only
> email if BackupPC is down.

I think that by design, "No news is good news."

One way I can think of to get something would be to pull the host
summary with something like wget, do some cleanup or even remove all
the HTML and then use sendmail to create an email. Once you figure out
all the steps put it in a shell script and add it as a cron job.

Richard