BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] bakuppc is not running.

2011-09-12 08:50:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] bakuppc is not running.
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 07:49:14 -0500
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Adi Spivak <adispi AT compulab.co DOT il>
wrote:
> ok, let me try and ask my question a deferent way.
> when i did du on a full backup folder of a spesific pc i saw it to be 300GB.
> i then run the script i mentioned and it not only removed the full
> backup but its coresponding incornly backups, which is quite logical.
> however, the free space on my backup drive was not changed and was not
> added the 300+GB that was deleted by the script.

Remember that backuppc pools all identical content.  If the same files
exist in any other backups of the same or other machines, the space
won't be released.  Your status page should have a line showing
"Nightly cleanup removed ...." with the time of the last run.