BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] md4 doesn't match even though VSS is used

2011-09-11 09:31:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] md4 doesn't match even though VSS is used
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:29:09 +0200
Dear all,

I've a problem by backing up a large file (9GB) because the internet
connection of the client interrupts every 24 hours.

BackupPC (V3.1.0) can rsync this file once with status:
"md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1; file removed"
With "lsof /var/lib/backuppc" I can see this "phase 1" transfer some minutes
later.
But the internet connection will interrupt shortly before this second
transfer were finished :-(

I am sure that the source file (Windows client) is on a volume shadow copy
and rsync is using this source because:
- /etc/rsyncd.conf contains only one "path = /cygdrive/Z/"
- ls /cygdrive/ shows only the drives C and D
- ls /cygdrive/Z lists the same files as ls /cygdrive/C

So it should not possible that the source was changed.

Did /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Xfer/RsyncFileIO.pm compare the md4
diggest from the begin of a transfer with a recalculated md4 diggest at the
end of the transfer?

Somebody else have a similiar problem?

Is there any known solution to solving my problem?

What happens if I patch the RsyncFileIO.pm so that it will ignore the "md4
doesn't match"?

I know I should try it instead asking for it. But I'm not sure what the
meaning of md4 is and hopefully someone can give me a hint.

Thanks in advance
Matthias
--
Don't Panic