BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] check if user is still logged on before shutting down client

2011-09-07 17:38:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] check if user is still logged on before shutting down client
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: bobwdn <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>, rewdn AT bellsouth DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:36:06 +0200
Hi,

bobwdn wrote on 2011-09-07 12:13:24 -0700 [[BackupPC-users] check if user is
still logged on before shutting down client]:
> I like your idea.

which of my ideas?

> However, if your shutdown script is run simply as
> $Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = 'shutdown.sh'.

I don't have a shutdown script, and this does not appear to be a full sentence.

> Would not that work with greater efficiency than your 'wrapper' shell script
> calling another shell script.

This seems to be a question, although it ends with a full stop.
Actually, it's an *extremely* stupid question, if you *read* the actual
message you are replying to (you should always do that before responding).

> Maybe I am wrong,

Very much so.

> [...]
> |This was sent by rewdn AT bellsouth DOT net via Backup Central.

Ah, that explains things. It's a pity that more brain is required for reading
a sticky "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" message at the top (really hard to miss)
than for writing messages. I really suggest we re-open the discussion.

Regards,
Holger