BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot get backuppc to wol a client

2011-09-03 17:34:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot get backuppc to wol a client
From: Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:33:43 +0100
On Sat, 2011-09-03 at 16:09 -0500, Robert E. Wooden wrote:
> I have worked on this issue in the past for myself. Never really got it
> completed. However, your email has me interested again and this is good
> weekend to work on this.

I've had it working for a year or so with the following setup:

In the file /etc/sudoers add the following lines:

Cmnd_Alias WOL     = /usr/bin/wakeonlan,/usr/sbin/etherwake
backuppc  ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:WOL

And change the pingcmd for the hosts to the following line:

$Conf{PingCmd} = '/usr/local/bin/wakeup.sh $host';

I've also attached a slightly edited version of the script I use to fire
off the WoL packets.

--
Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>