BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc problem with filenames

2011-08-21 16:35:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc problem with filenames
From: "Paul Cain" <pwcain AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:32:51 -0400
Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this did not resolve the problem.  I set the "unix charset =ISO8859-1" and then restarted the samba server, but to no avail.  I then tried changing the code page in BackupPC for rsyncd to cp850, which the samba documentation indicated would be required to match the iso8859-1 setting, but that also did not help.

I am still at a loss on how to proceed.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

In my experience you also need to set the Samba charset besides the backuppc client charset when using backuppc over smb with these special characters.

smb.conf:
<SNIP>
[global]
unix charset =ISO8859-1
</SNIP>

I have the same issue as you describe just with speciel danish characters(æ, ø and å) and setting the charset in Samaba solves this.

Regards
Jesper