BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 512 () status

2011-08-12 15:59:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 512 () status
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:57:49 -0500
On 8/12/2011 2:30 PM, Joe Konecny wrote:
> On 8/12/2011 3:13 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Well I'm confused. I'm looking at the docs. It shows...
>>>
>>> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = '/temp';
>>>
>>> ...for an example. So I assume I need...
>>>
>>> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = '/mnt/usb';
>>>

>>> Do I need to manually edit the config file?
>>
>> No, in the web interface 'new key' is for the share name (or * for
>> all), then you get a new place to insert the path(s)
>> to exclude on that share.
>>

> This directory isn't a share. It's a directory on a FreeBSD machine.

Backuppc calls everything 'shares' even if they are the starting point
for a tar or rsync run instead of an smb name.

> Nonetheless... Is this the
> correct config...
>

> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> '*' => [
> '/mnt/use'
> ]
> };

Other than the typo I think that is right.  I normally add
--one-file-system to the tar and rsync arg list so I don't have to deal
with mounted devices.  But then you do have to remember to add shares
for the mount points you want.