BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 512 () status

2011-08-12 12:35:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 512 () status
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:33:54 -0400
I am having trouble making my backup work.  I have been running for months with
no trouble.  I mounted a usb drive and it went belly up and cannot unmount it.
The drive is no longer attached.  I have tried umount -f and it still persists.
I'll probably have to reboot at some point but to get around that I excluded
/mnt/usb and then tried /mnt.  Neither will allow the backup to continue,
I have /mnt excluded and not mnt.  Does the exclusion need to be quoted?

Here is the log...

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root 10.0.0.8 env LC_ALL=C /usr/local/bin/tar
-c -v -f - -C / --totals
--newer=2011-07-29\ 20:00:00 .
incr backup started back to 2011-07-29 20:00:00 (backup #148) for directory /
Xfer PIDs are now 29538,29537
[ skipped 45869 lines ]
/usr/local/bin/tar: ./mnt/usb/: Cannot savedir: Device not configured
[ skipped 103 lines ]
/usr/local/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Tar exited with error 512 () status
[ skipped 1 lines ]
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 4367 filesExist, 7259051386 sizeExist, 6761616473
sizeExistComp, 4705 filesTotal, 9460666757
sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (Tar exited with error 512 () status)
Backup aborted (Tar exited with error 512 () status)