BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] wakeup command?

2011-07-07 23:24:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] wakeup command?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:22:20 -0500
On 7/7/11 5:40 PM, gregrwm wrote:
>>> scheduling of the runs is controlled by other settings (which are
>>> checked at each wakeup).  Is there some reason that is a problem?
>
> generally i want backups to run at one specific time only, but i want
> specifically requested backups to be allowed anytime.

Just set $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} to cover all the time you don't want backups to
start automatically.  If your targets aren't on all the time you may want to
set
BlackoutGoodCnt to 0, depending on whether you'd rather skip a backup than run
it outside of your blackout window - they won't run before IncPeriod has
elapsed
anyway.

I don't think wakeups are necessary for manually starting a backup unless it is
blocked by something at the time of the request.