BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup to distant FTP Server

2011-06-23 07:58:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup to distant FTP Server
From: Arnaud Forster <arnaud.forster AT mwprog DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:41:24 +0200
Hello all,

I need to use backuppc with a distant FTP server as destination. So, I used curftpfs to mount my FTP connection to a local folder and choosed it as the root of my destination. This is working fine till the ftp serverc decide to stop the connection. As this time, backuppc cannot start anymore because it cannot very the hardlink between pc an cpool which is normal because my ftp is no mounted anymore. I dont know if there's a way to solve that because I'd like that the mount is made just before the backup starts and unmounted just after .... as I'm a newbie in Linux and Backuppc, I'm requested your help.
Per advance, thanks very much
Arnaud