BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Umlauts are driving me crazy...

2011-06-18 09:40:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Umlauts are driving me crazy...
From: "<Patrick G. Stoesser>" <lists AT pgs-info DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:35:04 +0200
Hallo again,

to narrow down the problem and because it still bothers me, I now did
the following:

Set the server to UTF-8. Took a client at set it to UTF-8, too. Ran a
backup, which succeed. Webinterface is ok. Restore via rsyncd is ok.

What is not ok: Restore via download (webinterface), be it zip or tar.
The file in the zip or tar has messed up umlauts.

Regards, Patrick