BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] 1 rsync host fails method "getStats" / fileCnt

2011-06-08 16:26:10
Subject: [BackupPC-users] 1 rsync host fails method "getStats" / fileCnt
From: Cameron Camp <cameron AT campworkz DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:49:49 -0700
Debian deployment, rsync used on many remote servers, automated rsync
logins work fine, but when I run either automated/manual:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f 1.2.3.4

I get:

2011-06-08 07:00:05 1.2.3.4: Can't call method "getStats" on an
undefined value at /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump line 1143

line 1143 says:

 if ( $nFilesTotal == 0 && $xfer->getStats->{fileCnt} == 0 ) {

it seems like it can't get a file count to compare so method fails?

many other identical OS/config remote hosts backup fine from this
server, just this one hangs. I can manually run:

rsync -auvh --progress -e ssh [email protected]:/* ./

on the same host and it works fine (well, I exclude a few dirs). I have
replaced the 1.2.3.4.pl host file with a known good file and changed the
IP to match the failing host, restarted backuppc and it doesn't help.

Thanks,
Cameron