BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] ping failures: dhcp clients and different subnets

2011-06-01 11:28:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] ping failures: dhcp clients and different subnets
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Tobias Mayer <tobias.mayer AT hhi.fraunhofer DOT de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:28:18 +0200
Hi,

sorry for the delay, I just found your mail in the depths of my mailbox.

Tobias Mayer wrote on 2011-05-19 10:50:49 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] ping
failures: dhcp clients and different subnets]:
> [...]
> Can anyone with knowledge of the code please have a look at this?

You don't really need any knowledge of the code.

> On 17.05.2011 20:17, Tobias Mayer wrote:
> > [...]
> > To circumvent this, i simply removed the "else {" from line 1718.

That most certainly breaks things. Whatever was in the else clause was meant
to happen under some circumstances. Now it only happens for your "if" or
"elsif" case.

I don't use DHCP clients myself, so I'd have to take a closer look, but I'm
rather confident that it's a configuration issue rather than a problem in the
code. The issue of what the DHCP flag in the hosts file means seems to be
rather easy to misunderstand. If I can find the time, I'll take a look and
follow up. Isn't there a wiki page on this topic? There should be ...

Regards,
Holger