BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] inet: connection timed out with rsyncd on Windows

2011-05-20 12:08:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] inet: connection timed out with rsyncd on Windows
From: Zach La Celle <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:49:05 -0400
I hesitated to post this problem, but I've been unable to solve it and
I'm running out of ideas.

I'm using backuppc across both Linux and Windows machines.  The linux
machines work great using rsync over ssh.  With the Windows machines,
some of them work using rsyncd.  However, there are two machines which I
just can't get to back up.  They give the error:
Error connecting to rsync daemon at <machine>:873: inet connect:
Connection timed out
I've disabled UAC on both machines, opened TCP port 873 for
incoming/outgoing connections, and checked that the service has
administrative privileges.  What is frustrating is there are other
machines with the same configuration for which this is working.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Zach