BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Daylight Saving change - 1 day backups were off

2011-03-30 05:42:35
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Daylight Saving change - 1 day backups were off
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:40:12 +0200
Hello everybody.

Something strange happened and my backups didn't work one night.

Here's the situation:

I got my backups scheduled at 21:00 every night.

Here (Switzerland) the Daylight Saving Time change happened on Sunday
morning, 27.03.2011.

So, my backups worked ok on 26.03.2011, starting at 21:00.
Sunday evening the backups still worked ok, but started at 22:00.
I guess this is ok, considering standard IncPeriod value of 0.97.
Now, the strange part is that last night every backup stated "Nothing to
do"!
I can see that backups started at 21:00, which is not yet 97% of 24
hours, right?

Why has this happened?
Is there any way to correct this behaviour?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21