BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup reported failed without any apparent error

2011-03-28 16:22:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup reported failed without any apparent error
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Long V <long_at_work AT yahoo DOT ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:21:31 +0200
Hi,

I remember checking the code for the error message

because I was going to suggest this might be the problem. I was under the
impression that this message is generated for a bogus empty share name entry
as in ...

> $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
>   'share',
>   ''
> ];

... but that this is a warning only and should *not* lead to an aborted
backup. Specifically, the code that reports this condition then skips this
entry. The result should be the same as if it were not there at all (except,
obviously, for the warning message). So I decided to investigate further
before posting, which I obviously didn't get around to :-|.

I might be mistaken, but my guess is that your aborted backup is unrelated to
this issue. Did you consistently get the 'aborted backup' until you removed
the bogus entry, at which point it stopped? Or did you only observe the
'aborted backup' the one time?

Regards,
Holger