BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] moved server, now stuck in chkdsk

2011-03-28 15:38:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] moved server, now stuck in chkdsk
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:36:41 +0100
On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 13:44 -0500, Chris Baker wrote:
> I should have figured that I couldn't do this without some problem popping
> up. I shut the server down properly. I moved it. Now when it boots up, it
> wants to do chkdsk. I can't seem to get out of it. ALL I DID was move the
> thing. The chkdsk on the logical volume does not complete, and it just
> reboots. It has done this twice now, and I suppose that I am now stuck.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this thing back up and
> running? It was working just fine before I moved it, and that's all I did.

When was the last time you rebooted before this move? Unfortunately,
errors lie in wait for the next reboot, even if all appears normal.

My BackupPC server has 1.4 TB of total space on an ext3 partition. It
takes over 4 hours to fsck when the mandatory check comes up.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment
turns the state into a gay dungeon-master."