BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] mysql addon or plugin?

2011-03-26 13:58:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] mysql addon or plugin?
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:56:10 +0700
I may be wrong here, more reading than experience in this particular
area, but my understanding is that it would still recommend making
sure nothing's writing to the database while the dump is taken.

For a heavily used transactional systems with complex relational
structures, IMO it's possible that otherwise there would be data
inconsistencies - e.g. this table's been updated but that one hasn't
yet completed.

Probably less important for mailstores.