BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backend to nfs nas share

2011-03-24 00:37:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backend to nfs nas share
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:34:55 +0700
Best to use LVM (over RAID if you like) for future expansion flexibility.

I happen to use OpenFiler as a NAS host for the same reason - can act
as an iSCSI host as well as all the mainstream filesharing protocols,
relatively easy to set up compared to building your own from a generic
distro.

Note it is not recommended to run BPC on the OF host itself, best to
treat OF as a "black box" appliance.