BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync fails, Connection reset by peer

2011-03-23 18:56:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync fails, Connection reset by peer
From: Jake Wilson <jake.wilson AT answeron DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:52:48 -0600
That lead me to my problem.  I had my ssh keys setup so root could access the other server without a password, but I did not have backuppc user setup to access root@host without a password.  Fixing this solved my problem.  Thanks!

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Michael Stowe <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org> wrote:
> I just setup BackupPC on a server and I'm working to get it working via
> rsync with some of our servers.  I have ssh keys setup so that root can
> ssh
> from the host server to the client server without requiring a login.

Does this work?

On the BackupPC box:
su - backuppc
ssh testbox -l root

Where testbox matches the box, and root matches the rsync username?