BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backend to nfs nas share

2011-03-22 08:54:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backend to nfs nas share
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:52:46 -0400
Lord Sporkton wrote at about 02:56:59 -0700 on Tuesday, March 22, 2011:
 > I was hoping to setup a backend storage system for this to allow me to
 > use a much larger file system than is typically available locally. I
 > was looking at using an NFS share and connecting backuppc to the NFS
 > share. As I understand it NFS has no real limit on the filesystem size
 > other than that of the hosting machines filesystem limits, but does
 > backuppc have any filesystem requirements or filesystem size limits? I
 > noticed the inode issue mentioned in documentation, im looking into
 > that one currently for NFS.
 >
 > I saw the limits about individual file size in the faq but im more
 > concerned with the overall filesystem backuppc is running on top of.

BackupPC itself has no such limits. The limits are based on the
filesystem where TopDir is located.

Also, btw, the issue is not NFS but the filesystem that NFS is
mounting from the remote machine. So you need to look on the remote
machine filesystem partition and see how much space and inodes are
available.