BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] CPOOL, PC directories and backuppc statistics generation -- moving cpool possibly?

2011-03-18 13:41:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CPOOL, PC directories and backuppc statistics generation -- moving cpool possibly?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:37:50 -0500
On 3/18/2011 12:06 PM, Scott wrote:
> I am trying to figure out why my backuppc statistics are not generating
> (everything is basically all 0's in the status page -- see below).
>
> Notice pool is at 0gb...
>
> So looking at the code, it loops through the  backupc/cpool/ directory
> tree and counts files and directories.    Running a linux tree -a
> command, there are some directories, but NO files under there.
>
> However all my pc's are under the "backupc/pc" directory - with
> appropriate backed up files under each pc name.
>
> Is there possibly something wrong with my configuration that the files
> are in the wrong place, or some other script is not working properly to
> update the 'cpool'?
>
> I HAVE moved everything from /var/lib/backuppc to /mnt/backuppc  (a
> different hard drive).
>
> AHA!!    Doing a tree -a in /var/lib/backuppc I see a "cpool" there with
> LOTS of directories and files!!!
>
> So, somewhere I must have to point the cpool and log directories at the
> new location, where is that?

What version are you running?  I thought that before 3.2 you had to
either reinstall from the sourceforge tarball (where a part of the
install script lets you set the archive location where you want it) or
you had to either mount or symlink a new partition into the old location
(/var/lib/backuppc, for distribution-packaged versions).  There are some
instructions for that here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Change_archive_directory

But I also thought that if you failed to do that, you would get an error
message about not being able to make the links to the pool (except in
very old versions).