BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-17 11:15:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:12:31 -0400
On 3/17/2011 11:03 AM, hansbkk AT gmail DOT com wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM, OldManRiver
> <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>  wrote:
>> I'm not about to read source, as have no time for that.  If this is not
>> intuitive or the docs can not explain it, then I need another tool as I'm
>> rushed to get this done yesterday.
>
> And?
>
> Obi-Wan: This isn't the backup solution you're looking for.
> Stormtrooper: This isn't the backup solution we're looking for.
> Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
> Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
> Obi-Wan: Move along.
> Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

I'm not claiming I can explain the solution to his problem but this is a good
example of why
microsoft is so successful.  MS has MVP's (most valuable professional's) (and
they aren't
necessarily on ms's payroll) that hang out in forums and relentless answer
questions that
have been asked thousands of times.  With the open source world... you are
usually responded
to with "rtfm" or "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."