BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups tooo slow over WAN - how to split them

2011-03-15 17:46:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups tooo slow over WAN - how to split them
From: Linux Punk <linuxpunk AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:44:52 -0600
You could just keep the one machine entry, but use the exclude options
to only back up a small portion of the machine. Once that completes
gradually remove directories from the excluded list until the full
backup completes fine. This assumes that most of your data is static
and that any files that change can be easily backed up in a daily
window.

Brian