BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Newbie setup questions

2011-03-13 13:18:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Newbie setup questions
From: César Kawar <kawarmc AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:16:40 +0100

2011/3/13 Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
On 3/11/11 11:27 AM, Cesar Kawar wrote:

> I know that is "only" to process 800,000 files, but with version 3.0.0 and later, it doesn't load all the files at once. With a 512 Mb computer you'll be fine, but in the particular installation I was talking before, 1 Tb of data comprised of 1 year of historical data (that means a really big number of hardlink per file), the syncing process takes almost 100% CPU on an Intel Xeon Quad Core for about 2 hours.

Are you sure this was a single run that included the directory above the
pool/cpool and pc directories (so it sees all the hardlink targets at once) and
had the -H option?

Yes I'm sure. Without -H option it actually was impossible to sync the pools. It worked without -H but didn't fit on the target USB drive.

Cesar Kawar
Bayma Salt S.L.
www.baymasalt.com
kawarmc AT baymasalt DOT com