BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?

2011-03-12 09:55:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?
From: Doug Lytle <support AT drdos DOT info>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:52:47 -0500
Les Mikesell wrote:
> Google popped this:
> http://majentis.com/2011/01/03/backuppc-with-sshrsyncvss-on-windows-server/

Along this same subject line,

I'm currently setting up our Windows XP machines with DeltaCopy,
somewhere along the line, I came across replacement cygwin1.dll and
rsync.exe that was just a drop in replacement to the .ddl and .exe for
DeltaCopy, that added vshadow easily (Can't remember if it was from this
package).

I've found that vshadow (Using this method) doesn't work under Windows
7/Vista.

Has anybody else tried doing DeltaCopy under these OS combinations with
vshadow successfully?

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."