BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?

2011-03-11 16:43:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 04:41:18 +0700
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky
<backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> wrote:
> Not that I care too much, but that method uses a non-trivial approach
> that I originally developed, including code that is
> *verbatim* copy-and-pasted without any attribution and without
> GPL-license from my original, *copyrighted* released under GPL license.
>
> I only mention it both to point unknowing users to my more feature-rich and
> robust code and because the seems to be a commercial site which in my
> book have no excuse for disregarding GPL licenses.
>
> For the record my more feature-rich comprehensive and robust code can
> be found at:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=User_Scripts_-_Client_-_Windows_VSS

I tried to post the following to the offender's blog, but got a
message that his site doesn't allow comments from people coming from
behind a proxy. I also couldn't find an email address

Glad you clarified things Jeff, and thanks for your valuable
contributions to open source. It seems Gerald may have made his
mistake out of ignorance rather than any bad intent, and hopefully he
will correct it by GPL'ing his (IMO inferior) adaptation and
acknowledging you and the canonical location within his script.