BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?

2011-03-11 15:52:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows backups with vss/rsync?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:50:30 -0500
Cesar Kawar wrote at about 19:53:42 +0100 on Friday, March 11, 2011:

 > El 11/03/2011, a las 18:34, Michael Stowe escribió:
 >
 > >> What's the current state of the art of doing windows backups? I've just
 > >> been using smb and letting a commercial system run separately to cover
 > >> the open file and permission failures I see, but now I'm down to one
 > >> windows file server in this location and I'd like to make backuppc
 > >> reliable enough to shut the other system down.
 > >>
 > >> Google popped this:
 > >> http://majentis.com/2011/01/03/backuppc-with-sshrsyncvss-on-windows-server/
 > >> up near the top of the list

Not that I care too much, but that method uses a non-trivial approach
that I originally developed, including code that is
*verbatim* copy-and-pasted without any attribution and without
GPL-license from my original, *copyrighted* released under GPL license.

I only mention it both to point unknowing users to my more feature-rich and
robust code and because the seems to be a commercial site which in my
book have no excuse for disregarding GPL licenses.

For the record my more feature-rich comprehensive and robust code can
be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=User_Scripts_-_Client_-_Windows_VSS