BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Newbie setup questions

2011-03-10 13:58:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Newbie setup questions
From: Michael Conner <mdc1952 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:55:58 -0600
Thanks to all who replied. You all basically confirmed my feeling that using
our web server as the backup server was not best practice. I just hoped we
might get by without buying another computer, even though it wouldn't need to
be a very expensive one. The only spare computer we have now is an old XP box
with some type of Celeron processor. Maybe I'll use that to set up a test
system, then get a better one for production.

One additional question: are there any advantages to any particular flavor of
Linux for BPC?

Mike