BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Still trying to understand reason for extremely slow backup speed...

2011-03-09 15:39:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Still trying to understand reason for extremely slow backup speed...
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:37:44 +0000
On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 15:04 -0500, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> The only change on the server was an upgrade from 3.1.x to 3.2.0 with
> minimal config changes.

Unfortunately, you've changed four variables at once. That makes it hard
to identify the issue. I've seen your scripts so I know you know the
scientific method better than that. :)

Check the one thing you can change easily: downgrade to BackupPC 3.1.0
and test again. I doubt that's it, but I do know the downgrade will work
(I've done it), and the other changes are a lot harder to reverse.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
   -- George Orwell