BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';

2011-03-09 00:45:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 05:43:30 +0000
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 19:41 -0500, De Abreu wrote:
> SERVER:/etc/backuppc# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
> Restarting backuppc...No process in pidfile `/var/run/backuppc/BackupPC.pid'
> found running; none killed.
> 2011-03-08 21:34:35 Can't create a test hardlink between a file in
> /data01/backuppc/pc and /data01/backuppc/cpool.  Either these are different
> file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these
> directories don't exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the file
> system is out of inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of
> these possibilities. Quitting...

Others have suggested a bug related to this, but I had no problem doing
this under BackupPC 3.1 (and 3.2) using the Ubuntu/Debian packages. Just
edit TopDir, and if you prefer, add the symlink from old to new.

Then, make sure that the filesystem at /data01/ supports hardlinks. IE,
not NTFS.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Scientific theories can be altered by publishing a paper with
reproducible results, and political principles can be changed every two