BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';

2011-03-08 21:11:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:09:33 -0600
On 3/8/11 6:41 PM, De Abreu wrote:
> Hi guys!
>

> I am new with Backuppc and i am trying to change on config.pl
>
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/data01/backuppc';
>
> wend i do that and i restart the service backuppc i got this message
>
> SERVER:/etc/backuppc# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
> Restarting backuppc...No process in pidfile `/var/run/backuppc/BackupPC.pid'
> found running; none killed.
> 2011-03-08 21:34:35 Can't create a test hardlink between a file in
> /data01/backuppc/pc and /data01/backuppc/cpool.  Either these are different
> file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these
> directories don't exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the file
> system is out of inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of
> these possibilities. Quitting...
>
> Sould i create a simbolic link that points /var/lib/backuppc to
> /data01/backuppc ?

If you install backuppc from scratch, the initial install script lets you put
the top directory where you want, but if you installed a distribution package
that step has already been done.  If you are just starting, the easy approach
is
to mount the filesystem you want at /var/lib/backuppc before installing the
package and fix /etc/fstab to always mount it.  Otherwise, you can copy what is
under /var/lib/backuppc to the new location and then replace the directory with
a symlink.