BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';

2011-03-08 20:36:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to change $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:12:52 -0800
What version are you using?  I seem to remember a bug that was fixed for 3.2 regarding changing the TopDir.

Kris Lou
klou AT themusiclink DOT net

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM, De Abreu <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Hi guys!

I am new with Backuppc and i am trying to change on config.pl

$Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
$Conf{TopDir} = '/data01/backuppc';

wend i do that and i restart the service backuppc i got this message

SERVER:/etc/backuppc# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
Restarting backuppc...No process in pidfile `/var/run/backuppc/BackupPC.pid' found running; none killed.
2011-03-08 21:34:35 Can't create a test hardlink between a file in /data01/backuppc/pc and /data01/backuppc/cpool.  Either these are different file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these directories don't exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the file system is out of inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of these possibilities. Quitting...

Sould i create a simbolic link that points /var/lib/backuppc to /data01/backuppc ?

Please let me know

Thanks

Daniel