BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] .htaccess protect the CGI interface

2011-03-07 17:04:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] .htaccess protect the CGI interface
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:02:47 -0600
On 03/07 03:32 , Janet Newlands wrote:
> I can get to the CGI interface by typing http://[myservername]/backuppc where
> I get a login prompt.   If I want to protect that page with an .htaccess
> file, what is the actual path to the web executable?  The docs say
> /usr/share/backuppc/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin but when I look at
> /usr/share/backuppc/cgi-bin/  there is no BackupPC_Admin file in there so I'm
> stumped.

I would suggest adding a line to your /etc/backuppc/apache.conf file
directing it to look for a .htaccess file in /etc/backuppc, then create the
appropriate file there.

My memory for apache configuration is a bit shaky at the moment, but this is
what occurs to me.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator