BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-07 11:20:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:19:11 +0700
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Cesar Kawar <kawarmc AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> I'm sorry if I've been rude in my last mail.
> Again, I don't try to be rude, so if it sound a bit "snarky", I'm really
> sorry.

I for one didn't find your comment "snarky" at all.

Many people are so "religious" about open source that they interpret a
(IMO perfectly valid in certain circumstances) suggestion to use COTS
software as an insult to the recipient. Sometimes such a suggestion is
meant that way, e.g. "Maybe you should just stick with Windows" may be
intended to infer "what a wimp/idiot, isn't able/willing to learn
*nix".

But I took your suggestion as perfectly valid - if a user takes the
attitude that a program "should have" well-written documentation
designed for non-technical users to understand, and any program that
doesn't is somehow deficient in his eyes, then perhaps he would be
better served as a paying customer of a company he then has the right
to complain to.

My two cents to the OP - In the open-source world, if you think
something's missing don't complain - jump in there and do it yourself,
or sponsor someone else to do it.

> And, please, excuse my English, I'm from Spain.

Your English is excellent!