BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No pool?

2011-03-07 10:54:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No pool?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:52:27 -0600
On 3/7/2011 8:27 AM, Scott wrote:
> So I have backuppc working for basic backup of some smb (winxp)
> machines.  However, I can not tell if there is any data de-duplication
> going on - is there something I have to do to get that going?
>
> My status screen shows:
>
>     * The servers PID is 977, on host backuppc, version 3.1.0, started
>       at 3/7 09:17.
>     * This status was generated at 3/7 09:23.
>     * The configuration was last loaded at 3/7 09:22.
>     * PCs will be next queued at 3/7 10:00.
>     * Other info:
>           o 0 pending backup requests from last scheduled wakeup,
>           o 0 pending user backup requests,
>           o 0 pending command requests,
>           o Pool is 0.00GB comprising 0 files and 1 directories (as of
>             3/7 01:00),
>           o Pool hashing gives 0 repeated files with longest chain 0,
>           o Nightly cleanup removed 0 files of size 0.00GB (around 3/7
>             01:00),
>           o Pool file system was recently at 7% (3/7 09:15), today's max
>             is 7% (3/7 09:15) and yesterday's max was 6%.

This looks like the stats haven't updated yet. You could look at the
link count (2nd field of "ls -l" of some of the pool/cpool files or
things in the pc tree.  2 links means there is one instance in the pc
tree and one pooled name, more than 2 means you have de-duped more than
one entry under the pc tree.