BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-06 05:13:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:10:16 +0000
On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 22:04 -0500, OldManRiver wrote:
> All,
>
> The user interface and docs on this product have no explanation of how this
> works.  It contians only commands, with no description of the commands, what
> they do and/or encompass, so how does one use this.
>
> For backup I also tried Amanda, but never could get a succeful install of it.

Please excuse the snarky comments. What Cesar was trying to say was that
you haven't looked very hard at all. Please read:

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#backuppc_introduction
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/backuppc.htm
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/BackupPC

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Religion is the opiate of the masses, so long as the masses are straight.
However, amass a bunch of lesbians and you're going to need actual drugs."