BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Craig has posted design details of 4.x to the developers list

2011-03-03 11:50:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Craig has posted design details of 4.x to the developers list
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:48:49 -0500
Just a plug that Craig Barratt -- the BackupPC creator -- has posted
several detailed emails to the developers list
(backuppc-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net) outlining the key design and
feature changes that he is implementing in 4.x.

>>From all appearances, 4.x is a *substantial* rewrite and includes many
of the features and goodies that we have all been clamoring for
particularly regarding getting rid of hard links and the challenges
they cause in archiving the backups. There also seem to be several
important extensions (e.g., extended attributes) and efficiency
improvements.

If anyone is interested in knowing what is in the pipeline and more
importantly if anyone has comments or suggestions, now is probably the
time to chime in before things get too fixed in stone. So I would
suggest that you look at the archives of the developer list and/or
subscribe to it to see the ongoing discussion.

Craig is incredibly open and welcoming of inputs and feedback.
(Craig I hope you don't mind my plugging your postings here, but you
know I'm your fan)