BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and empty directories!

2011-03-03 11:00:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and empty directories!
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:57:33 -0600
> Guys i need your help all,  i am relying on backuppc for long time now,
> recently someone lost a directory and i started to recover its files from
> backuppc and i shocked when i found the directories empty, even in the
> full backup the directories are empty i am backup using SMB, and there is
> no errors at all, any ideas?!

There are a lot of reasons this can happen with SMB:  permissions, open
files, moved directories (incrementals), or with later versions of
Windows, symbolic links (for example, I'd expect to find "Documents and
Settings" empty on Windows 7, since it's just a link to a different
directory.)

With more information, you might get better guesses, but that's what comes
to mind.