BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Can't browse bad directory name

2011-02-09 05:58:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Can't browse bad directory name
From: Jonathan Schaeffer <jonathan.schaeffer AT univ-brest DOT fr>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:55:37 +0100
Hi all,

does anybody have   an explanation about this error ?

The context : One full backup per month, incrmental backups daily on 6
levels, so each week, the invermental level cycles.
So the backups are like that :

Backup#  | Type   | Filled | Level
15       | full   |  yes |   0
16       | incr   |  no  |   1
17       | incr   |  no  |   2
18       | incr   |  no  |   3
19       | incr   |  no  |   4
20       | incr   |  no  |   5
21       | incr   |  no  |   6
22       | incr   |  no  |   1
23       | incr   |  no  |   2

When I browse backups 23 to 21, some directories are missing. But ther
was no error in the logs. Thus, when trying to browse a "missing"
directory,  the web interface give the error :
"Can't browse bad directory name"

Note that the field "#" indicating the backup number is empty if I
browse backups 21, 22 and 23. Backup #20 and previous are clean and
restorable.

I saw someone else on the list reporting this problem, but there was no
explanation about its origin.

This is happening to several of my backupped clients.

What can I check to understand the problem ?

Thanks,

Jonathan
--
IUEM - Service Informatique